- 13,40,000 children below 5 die in a year, that is 3,671 under 5 child deaths per day
- Nearly half of all child deaths under 5 in India are attributed to undernutrition
- 1 in every 11 children in India is working, when they should be at school
- More than half (56%) of the under 5 deaths occur within the first 28 days of life, we work to prevent these lives
- India accounts for more than 3 out of 10 stunted children in the world
- 47% of the women in India are married when they are a child (before the age of 18), and 30% bear a child when they are a child (adolescent mothers)
- 17.7 million children and adolescents are out of school in India, this is 14% of world’s population of children out of school
- 20% of grade 2 children in India cannot recognize numbers 1-9; 53% of children drop out of school at elementary level
- 49.5% of grade 5 children cannot do subtraction and 55% of grade 8 children cannot solve 3 digits by 1 digit division problem; 51.09% of grade 5 children cannot read grade 2 English and25.4% children of grade 8 cannot read grade 2 text
Some facts about status of a girl child in India
We are taking responsibilty of hundred girls from rural areas in maharashtra . we will gives free education to them. we will be opening an account of 100 girls in post office. an account in post office of those 100 girl. we will deposites to her account as Rs12000. we try to protect girl and save girl.
Make a beautiful Life for all!
Your one approach can make others life more beautiful
Why should i care!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We want to do more and you can help. By committing a small fraction of your income to protect children in need, you can help save a child and contribute to humanity. You can donate as low as INR 500 per month.
While Save the Children appreciates monthly donations where you choose to donate a small fixed amount monthly for us to be able to plan our programmes for a longer term, a single donation can also help save a child.
You will get your tax exemption certificate within 15 days of your one-time donation from 2019 (quarterly in case of regular donors, who pledge monthly donations, after their first month’s donation). You will get quarterly updates on how you are making a difference.